Saturday, January 30, 2010

"That's Not My Monster"



I love Usborne books for language growth and treatment. That's Not my monster...is great for my 3 month old because it has simple pictures on each page to look at and a texture to feel. And it's great for my 2 year old because we can talk about Negation and what things he is "not". I'll ask him if he is old and he'll say, "no I'm not mommy", or if he is a girl and he'll say "no I'm not mommy". So he learns how to use NOT in sentences and that it means something that isn't which can be a hard concept for kiddos to grasp and is something I've worked with many clients on. The crazy monsters are also good because I have him describe them and this develops his adjective knowledge and increases his sentence length.

No comments:

Post a Comment